HEALTHY ENVIORNMENT = HEALTHY COMMUNITY
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
There are many innovative and inspiring ways to transform regular items into unique treasures. Many such items for Do-It-Yourself projects are obtained from the Thrift Shop.
On our Facebook page, you can see a few examples of what one of our hospital volunteers, Dale Patterson – has created
- Glass garden art: Made with Thrift Shop glassware.
- Gift Basket – Created using a Thrift Shop wicker basket.
- Jewellery Art: All the “jewels” were purchased at a Thrift Shop pop up jewellery sale. They are attached to a fabric background with white glue.
- Lamp – Crystal vase that was converted into a lamp.
- Wooden tray: Painted the tray, then she used her inkjet printer to create the decorative transfers and pattern is rubbed on from inkjet stencil.
How does this help the environment?
- Shopping at the Thrift Shop helps generate valuable funds towards Delta Hospital, helping us build a healthy community.
- When you buy used items and create new reusable items, you are preventing items from going into the Landfill.
We hope that you will take a stroll into our Thrift Shop and look for new summer projects and ideas to transform regular household items into beautiful treasures. We also thank you for generously donating your items to the Thrift Shop – Donation Centre.