WEBSITES: A Beginning
WEBSITES: A beginning... by Nean Lund
Our website is www.deltahospitalauxiliary.org
MAKE A START:
1. Find a web hoster to help you design the “skeleton” of your site. Costs will vary depending on options you select. There is also a monthly hosting fee.
2. Create a web address that readily identifies you.
3. Find a volunteer who wants to do/learn to do this work.
BEGIN THE WORK:
1. Decide HOME PAGE content and setup. Here you will make your initial impression on the world web – make it a good one!
2. Decide menu/sub menu headings.DHA has the following headings on their HOME PAGE: HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US THRIFT SHOP HOSPITAL PROGRAMS MEMBERS
Each of these main menu titles then has drop-down submenu titles: more decisions!
3. Propose options you want on your site. NOTE: each one of these may have a cost attached. (Photo slide show, links to other sites, colour coding for different units, photo capacity)
PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE:
1. Always...always...have your web address on typed slips available to hand out at every event your Auxiliary attends AND have it posted throughout your units.
2. Phone inquiries? Tell people, “That information is available on our website.”
3. Web event sales: List daily sales (thrift or gift) on web; put a special password on your website for a specific sale item on one day.
4. Put Conference information on your site: give your own volunteers a reason to visit the site.
5. Sign up for GOOGLE ANALYTICS to get reports about the activity on your site i.e. how many people view your site and when are they looking at it?
I am just an aspiring WEBMASTER and I have much to learn, but, at least, I have gotten my feet wet!
- Nean Lund, Delta Hospital Auxiliary Webmaster.
News and Events
THRIFT SHOP DAILY SALES
Daily sales are posted when the supervisor phones them in to the website.Read More>>
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of DHAS
What a wonderful way to celebrate VOLUNTEER WEEK with Delta Hospital Auxiliary holding its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, April 9th at the Town & Country Inn in Ladner. Who came? Who got "pinned"?Read More>>
"Spring has sprung, the grass has riz and I know where the birdies is!" Our Gift Shop is looking great with all the new arrivals!Read More>>
Delta Hospital VENDOR CALENDAR
See who is selling what each month in our CAFE lobby area!Read More>>
Auxiliary BURSARY TIME again!
Pick up an application form from the Auxiliary Office NOW! Or download a form from this website. DEADLINE MAY 15TH ANNUALLYRead More>>
FOR MEMBERS:May I have your Recipe?
New recipe up for sharing: AGNES' RHUBARB OR BLUEBERRY CAKE!Read More>>
Auxiliary President's Report (last updated Feb. 3rd)
This item from President Marilyn Jones has moved to FOR MEMBERSRead More>>
APRIL 2014 issue of THE BUZZ...
A wonderful way to keep all volunteers informed of the comings and goings - and doings - of all seven Units. APRIL ISSUE has been emailed to all members.Read More>>
MAGIC HAPPENING AT DELTA HOSPITAL!
There's magic happening in the hallways of Delta Hospital! What was lost is found again! More about this story NOW POSTED!!Read More>>
LADNER SUNDAY MARKET DATES set
The Auxiliary Thrift Shop has decided its theme for each Sunday MarketRead More>>
TODAY'S MENU: COURTYARD CAFE DAILY SPECIALS now on our site!
READ MORE to see the daily menu specials and prices featured at our COURTYARD CAFE. Hours: Mon to Fri 8am-5pm; Sat & Sun 10am-4pmRead More>>
KEEP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATED!
If you want to receive all the news that is news... If you want to be "in the know" ... PLEASE have your current email address on file with the Auxiliary Office.Read More>>
WEBSITES: A Beginning
Some beginner's ideas when starting a websiteRead More>>
MEET YOUR WEBMASTER(s)
The people to contact to post your News and Events.Read More>>
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V6
Phone: 604-946-1121 local 783212