WEBSITES: A Beginning
WEBSITES: A beginning... by Nean Lund
Our website is www.deltahospitalauxiliary.org
MAKE A START:
1. Find a web hoster to help you design the “skeleton” of your site. Costs will vary depending on options you select. There is also a monthly hosting fee.
2. Create a web address that readily identifies you.
3. Find a volunteer who wants to do/learn to do this work.
BEGIN THE WORK:
1. Decide HOME PAGE content and setup. Here you will make your initial impression on the world web – make it a good one!
2. Decide menu/sub menu headings.DHA has the following headings on their HOME PAGE: HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US THRIFT SHOP HOSPITAL PROGRAMS MEMBERS
Each of these main menu titles then has drop-down submenu titles: more decisions!
3. Propose options you want on your site. NOTE: each one of these may have a cost attached. (Photo slide show, links to other sites, colour coding for different units, photo capacity)
PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE:
1. Always...always...have your web address on typed slips available to hand out at every event your Auxiliary attends AND have it posted throughout your units.
2. Phone inquiries? Tell people, “That information is available on our website.”
3. Web event sales: List daily sales (thrift or gift) on web; put a special password on your website for a specific sale item on one day.
4. Put Conference information on your site: give your own volunteers a reason to visit the site.
5. Sign up for GOOGLE ANALYTICS to get reports about the activity on your site i.e. how many people view your site and when are they looking at it?
I am just an aspiring WEBMASTER and I have much to learn, but, at least, I have gotten my feet wet!
- Nean Lund, Delta Hospital Auxiliary Webmaster.
News and Events
SALE! SALE! December 11th! SALE!
You need to have a look at this...NOW!Read More>>
AUXILIARY CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON
December 2nd at the Town and Country Inn - our annual Christmas Luncheon took place.Read More>>
Delta Hospital VENDOR CALENDAR
See who is selling what each month in our CAFE lobby area!Read More>>
DECEMBER issue of THE BUZZ...
A wonderful way to keep all volunteers informed of the comings and goings - and doings - of all seven Units. DECEMBER ISSUE has been emailed to all members.Read More>>
GIFT SHOP : Christmas Has Arrived!
.Lots of gift Ideas for the Holiday Season! This item is now located under HOSPITAL PROGRAMS: GIFT SHOP.Read More>>
THRIFT SHOP DAILY SALES
This item is now located under THRIFT SHOP heading, DAILY SALESRead More>>
Auxiliary President's Report (last updated Dec. 8th)
This item from President Marilyn Jones has moved to FOR MEMBERSRead More>>
From the Auxiliary Christmas Committee to all members (last updated Nov. 18th)
This item has been moved to FOR MEMBERSRead More>>
SANTA'S DIARY (part one): CHRISTMAS AT THE THRIFT SHOP!
This item has been relocated to THRIFT SHOP under heading OUR CHRISTMAS SHOPRead More>>
SANTA'S DIARY (part two): Santa needs another page for Christmas!
Santa's continuing adventures! This item can now be found under THRIFT SHOP: Our Christmas ShopRead More>>
NOT ACCEPTING FURNITURE
As of OCTOBER 1st to DECEMBER 31st, Delta Hospital Thrift Shop WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING FURNITURE DONATIONS. The reason....Read More>>
TODAY'S MENU: COURTYARD CAFE DAILY SPECIALS now on our site!
READ MORE to see the daily menu specials and prices featured at our COURTYARD CAFE. Hours: Mon to Fri 8am-5pm; Sat & Sun 10am-4pmRead More>>
KEEP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATED!
If you want to receive all the news that is news... If you want to be "in the know" ... PLEASE have your current email address on file with the Auxiliary Office.Read More>>
MEET YOUR WEBMASTER(s)
The people to contact to post your News and Events.Read More>>
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V6
Phone: 604-946-1121 local 783212