WEBSITES: A Beginning
WEBSITES: A beginning... by Nean Lund
Our website is www.deltahospitalauxiliary.org
MAKE A START:
1. Find a web hoster to help you design the “skeleton” of your site. Costs will vary depending on options you select. There is also a monthly hosting fee.
2. Create a web address that readily identifies you.
3. Find a volunteer who wants to do/learn to do this work.
BEGIN THE WORK:
1. Decide HOME PAGE content and setup. Here you will make your initial impression on the world web – make it a good one!
2. Decide menu/sub menu headings.DHA has the following headings on their HOME PAGE: HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US THRIFT SHOP HOSPITAL PROGRAMS MEMBERS
Each of these main menu titles then has drop-down submenu titles: more decisions!
3. Propose options you want on your site. NOTE: each one of these may have a cost attached. (Photo slide show, links to other sites, colour coding for different units, photo capacity)
PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE:
1. Always...always...have your web address on typed slips available to hand out at every event your Auxiliary attends AND have it posted throughout your units.
2. Phone inquiries? Tell people, “That information is available on our website.”
3. Web event sales: List daily sales (thrift or gift) on web; put a special password on your website for a specific sale item on one day.
4. Put Conference information on your site: give your own volunteers a reason to visit the site.
5. Sign up for GOOGLE ANALYTICS to get reports about the activity on your site i.e. how many people view your site and when are they looking at it?
I am just an aspiring WEBMASTER and I have much to learn, but, at least, I have gotten my feet wet!
- Nean Lund, Delta Hospital Auxiliary Webmaster.
News and Events
THRIFT SHOP DAILY SALE: Daily sales posted here when supervisor notifies the website.
Come on in for a shopping adventure!Read More>>
TODAY'S MENU: COURTYARD CAFE DAILY SPECIALS now on our site!
READ MORE to see the regular menu items and prices featured at the Auxiliary COURTYARD CAFE. Lunch Specials posted weekly. Hours: Mon to Fri 8am-4pm; Sat & Sun 10am-4pmRead More>>
AUXILIARY DAY AT DELTA HOSPITAL
MAY 10, 2013 - It was time to stand proud, wave the Auxiliary flag and share some time with our volunteers from all seven Units. Delta Hospital Bell Choir added pizzazz to our celebration! (photos are here!)Read More>>
Have you Visited the GIFT SHOP lately?
Lots of new items for your summer pleasure! ...and the jewellery...and the scarves...and the purses...OH MY!Read More>>
Delta Hospital VENDOR CALENDAR
See who is selling what each month in our CAFE lobby area!Read More>>
MAY issue of THE BUZZ...
A wonderful way to keep all volunteers informed of the comings and goings - and doings - of all seven Units. MAY ISSUE has been emailed to all members.Read More>>
FEATURE STORY OF THE MONTH: Meet Frank K. and his Sidewalk Sale helpers
Have a look at what goes on at our Shop on a Sunday! Are you missing this Ladner event?Read More>>
FIRST PLACE WINNING PHOTO AT BCAHA Conference in Victoria
Delta Hospital Auxiliary wins another first place this year at Victoria Conference with photo by Nean LundRead More>>
Auxiliary President Marilyn Jones' MAY REPORT
News from the President! Read how busy our Auxiliary has been!Read More>>
PINS! PINS! PINS! Service pins, that is!
Did you receive a letter about receiving your 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 or LIFETIME service pin from the Auxiliary?Read More>>
LIFELINE UNIT needs your help!
Please consider giving your time to this very worthwhile service that the Auxiliary provides through our Lifeline Unit.Read More>>
KEEP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UPDATED!
If you want to receive all the news that is news... If you want to be "in the know" ... PLEASE have your current email address on file with the Auxiliary Office.Read More>>
PROVINCIAL CONVENTION expands our horizons
Information for everyone about how to contact the Provincial Association of Health Care Auxiliaries - plus great ideas to discuss around your auxiliary table!Read More>>
WEBSITES: A Beginning
Some beginner's ideas when starting a websiteRead More>>
MEET YOUR WEBMASTER(s)
The people to contact to post your News and Events.Read More>>
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V6
Phone: 604-946-1121 local 783212